Students who have graduated from legitimate Canadian designated learning institutions or DLIs can acquire valuable Canadian experience with the Post Graduate Work Permit Program. The PGWPP lets you gain skilled Canadian work experience in NOC or National Occupational Classification skill type 0, skill level A or B. Once you acquire these skills, you can qualify for permanent residence in Canada via the Canadian Experience Class or CEC.

Post Graduate Work Permits are usually valid for eight months or eight years. It is an excellent opportunity for graduates to obtain valuable work experience in Canada. And once you have work experience in Canada, there’s no looking back. It opens up a wide slew of opportunities to acquire Canadian permanent residence.

What Exactly Is A Post Graduation Work Permit?

PGWPs cater to international students who graduated from a Canadian DLI. These are basically open work permits meaning these grant foreign nationals the liberty to work for any employer in Canada.

The problem is not all academic programs in Canada are eligible for post-graduation work permits. Get in touch with us if you are not sure about your study program. We will not only provide valuable insights on how to proceed but also guide you throughout the application process.

This permit doesn’t require a Labour Market Impact Assessment or LMIA. You can acquire permanent residency in Canada through any one of the following pathways:

  • Quebec Immigration Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades
  • Federal Skilled Worker
  • Provincial Nomination Programs
  • Canadian Experience Class

What if you could pick the right pathway and get through the entire process hassle-free? Yes, that’s possible with our unmatched quality assistance at Western Immigration. The eligible levels of study for this program are public post-secondary school, private post-secondary school, private secondary and Canadian private school.