Whether you are coming to Canada for work or higher education, the Spousal Open Work Permit lets you bring your spouse along with you. You can apply for the permit if you are the spouse of a skilled worker or a full-time student.

Applying for the Spousal Open Work Permit is a cumbersome process. What if you don’t have the time to go through such a hectic process? Also, what if you don’t have all the documents this permit requires? Don’t worry; this is where our team at Western Immigration comes into play. We help you through every step of the process.

Who Can Apply For The SOWP?

It depends on the type of work permit your partner holds.

If your legally married partner has a study work permit

  • Financial stability proof
  • Proof that you are from a specific country
  • Full-time student at a DLI
  • A study permit for your spouse which should be valid for six months

If your partner has a simple work permit

  • A copy of the work permit of your spouse. The permit should be valid for at least 6 months.
  • 3 latest pay-stubs
  • Confirmation letter of employment
  • Financial support proof
  • Relationship proof

Western Immigration makes the overall application process easier for you. From the paperwork to documentation, we handle everything and equip you with the right knowledge to get through the process successfully.